- October 21, 2020
- Posted by: Cristina Baldan
- Category: Immigration
After so many months of waiting, international students who have a student permit or have been approved for a student permit AND have can finally travel to Canada.
You can check if your school is in the list published by the Canadian government at this link:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Designated learning institutions reopening to international students
If students have a valid student permit or they have been approved for it and their school is in the list, this is considered a non-discretionary or non-optional purpose to travel to Canada. So, they can proceed to book the airline ticket.
However, be sure of all the following before meeting an officer at the board:
- => to have a valid student permit or a letter of approval for it from IRCC
- => to have a valid letter of acceptance from the school or university and to be sure that your course has not been cancelled or postponed
- => to have your 14 days quarantine plan document for yourself and for your accompanying family members
- => to be able to demonstrate you have enough time to complete your quarantine before starting classes, or that you can start classes online during the quarantine
- => to bring proof of enough accessible funds to support yourself and your accompanying family members while you will be in Canada